Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

What can I use besides plastic on our back porch...we have a…

What can I use besides...
What can I use besides plastic on our back porch...we have a screened in porch and put plastic up every fall so we can use a kerosene heater and enjoy porch during cold weather...we were thinking about putting plexiglass up but it's too expensive...is
there anything cheaper we can use?...
10/14/2015
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor

There are roll up plastic panels that operates like shades.

They vary in price and could be as expensive as plexiglass depending on the type but are more versatile . They can be dropped quickly for summer storms and are easily stored in the roll up position. I will post a link

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

we have a cat that likes to sit in windows...any one of these screens cat proof as far as claws picking it

The vinyl is heavy enough on some of them .

Out cats poke vinyl with their paw but love to rake actial screens with their claws.

Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
lol...I know what you mean...one of ours likes to climb screens and swing by his front paws from the rafters