How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, General Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 21521
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My concrete sidewalk has separated from the concrete

Customer Question

My concrete sidewalk has separated from the concrete foundation for my bilco door. as a result there is a large space that collects water and channels the water down the wall. I would like to know what kind of filler I could use in this space that would expand and contract with the temperature and remain a permanent filler.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

If the gap is under 3/4" you can use a foam backer rod to fill the gap then top it off with SikaFlex or if the gap is bigger Trim-a-slab is a better option.