Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers
1. Based on your use, the battery in the keypad would probably last around 2-3 years. It should indicate when it needs changed.
2. The battery in the remote could last up to 5 years, depending on how much use it gets. Replace it when the signal starts to weaken.
3. If it is a fluorescent light then the starter may need replacing.
4. If you change the battery very quickly (within 20-30 seconds) there should be enough residual power in the keypad to retain the settings during that time.
Thanks for your answer . Please clarify :
(1) Which type of battery should I use to replace in keyless pad outside garage because it is my first time after buying home 3 yrs back ?
( Today , I just unscrewed the battery compartment on the pad to just see which type of battery is there and found it is GOLDEN POWER 9 V HEAVY DUTY Battery all what I saw and I just screwed it again without doing anything in a fear of losing setting .)
(2) I live in MN State where it is too cold and snowy out for 6 months , so do I need to use any special type of 9V battery to put in keyless pad out there ?
(3) I went online to shop same one battery (Golden Power 9 V Heavy Duty) but it looks it is not in market or can you guide me where to buy one piece of this battery ?
(4) What is the difference between alkaline , lithium and heavy duty battery ? When which one should be used ?
waiting for reply .....................
1. Alkaline 9V battery.
3. You can use any similar 9V battery, e.g. Duracell.
Thanks , going to accept your answer with Excellent . .........
My query # ***** above is still unanswered .
Is it ok to use alkaline energizer 9V battery in my Garage Keyless Pad and will it be ok in harsh winter & hot weather season outside garage ?
still waiting for complete answer..........................