Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I live in an apartment and the front door threshold is

Customer Question

I live in an apartment and the front door threshold is uneven and the suroneing cement is cracked the ground to the threshold is approx. 3" one side of the thereshold is one and three quarters of an inch and then it goes up from their totwo and one half inches I keep triping on the higher side is this legal thenreshold is totally uneven from one side to the other by two inches I keep triping over the higher side
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

A 3" differential does not comply with the code. What you describe is not safe. You can contact your local Board of Health or Building inspector and make a complaint if your landlord won't fix this on his own.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Yes the threshold needs to be level and the rise can be no more than 1 1/2".