Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

What are the codes foam in Fletcher oh

Customer Question
What are the codes for...
What are the codes for spray foam in Fletcher oh
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
8/12/2015
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Required R (insulation thickness) rating for your area? Something else?

I'm looking for thermal barrier requirements for spray foam in a pole building that's used for storage and workshop

foam plastic shall be separated from the interior of a building by an approved thermal bar-

rier consisting of 1/2 -inch (12.7 mm) gypsum wallboard or

equivalent thermal barrier material that will limit the aver-

age temperature rise of the unexposed surface to not more

than 250 °F (121°C) after 15 minutes of fire exposure in

accordance with the standard time-temperature curve of

ASTM E 119 or UL 263. The thermal barrier shall be

installed in such a manner that it will remain in place for not

less than 15 minutes based on a test conducted in accor-

dance with UL 1715

.

The exception being 1 story buildings with automatic sprinklers:

Exterior walls—one-story buildings. For one-story buildings, foam plastic having a flame spread

index of 25 or less, and a smoke-developed index of not

more than 450, shall be permitted without thermal barri-

ers in or on exterior walls in a thickness not more than 4

inches (102 mm) where the foam plastic is covered by a

thickness of not less than 0.032-inch-thick (0.81 mm)

aluminum or corrosion-resistant steel having a base

metal thickness of 0.0160 inch (0.41 mm) and the build-

ing is equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler

system in accordance with Section 903.3.1.1

Rick
Rick
Rick, General Contractor