JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Powerglide Jig saw Model number 60109820 I had it

Customer Question

I have a Powerglide Jig saw Model number 60109820 I had it for 4 years now the reciprocating part to the blade sticks. I've pushed the blade up against the board I'm cutting and pull the saw upward to pull the blade down to get it moving again it works
at5 first but them when I go back to cutting it sticks again. I pulled it apart and sprayed it with WD40 and it still sticks. I would like to know what are possibilities that may cause the reciprocating part of a jig saw to seize or stick and what can I do
to fix this problem? I tried finding a website for powerglide it don't seem to exist tried yahoo search I only see where I can purchase a powerglide tool. I tried calling the 1-888 number on the instruction manual I got a bunch of promotions advertised the
a recording saying the number has been changed and it didn't give me enough time to write it down.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you tell me how old this machine is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 years
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I have tried to locate additional information for you but have had no success. I also called the phone number listed on the owners manual, I found the same thing that you did after about 5 minutes of going through various offers they finally come online and tell you that the number has been changed. I wrote this new number down and called it to get basically the same 5 minute wait to finally be told that the second number was no longer a valid number and there was not additional information available.

There has to be some wear on your machine that is causing it to lock up. I don't know how you can fix it since there are no parts or service information available from the manufacturer. I would suggest that you go purchase a new machine, the powerglide was made in china, most likely an inexpensive unit and not really built to be repaired. At its age it would not be under warranty, even if it was it doesn't seem like the company is in business anymore to where you could get it replaced.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.