How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brian Your Own Question
Brian, Architect
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 2153
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Brian is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a question civil engineers familiar with building

Customer Question

This is a question for professional civil engineers familiar with building and residential code in California.
We want to put in drainage around our house which has a crawlspace that becomes flooded during the winter/rainy season. The house is rectangular in shape, 40' on the east and west side and 30' on the north and south side. We are interested in putting a foundation drain only on the east and south side, which gets the most storm water entry. We plan to use perforated pipes along the foundation and then transition to a solid pipe which will carry the water to the street sewer. Some questions:
1. Does the perforated section of the foundation drain (along the east and south side) have to be sloped or can it be installed level with the footing?
2. Can the perforated pipe wrapped around gravel and filter fabric be placed right along the footing?
3. I am assuming that the solid pipe which connects to the perforated pipe must be sloped at least 1/4"/foot. Is this correct?
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement