Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I put the dip switch code to my clicker remote, from a previous

Customer Question

I put the dip switch code to my clicker remote, from a previous clicker currently working with the gate to my community and it does not work with the gate.what can I do? Is there a way to learn the code with the smart button from one clicker to the other? Thanks
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the clicker control has dip switches, then it's simply not the type of clicker remote that needs to 'learn' a code with a gate opener. The dip switch code should be sufficient - and allows a remote to be coded to open one gate, but not all the others, and not all the other gate's clickers open your gate... an individual identity code, you might call it.
It may be that you simply got a defective replacement clicker... or, if they aren't the exact same brand and model, you may have to reverse all the switches for it to work (if you have mistaken the Off for the On position and vice-versa, or if you have mistaken where the '1' of the 1-through-8 or 1-through-10 of the dip switch block in the newer clicker is.
(Or, you might just have a defective gate opener, rather than a defective clicker... but you say the previous clicker currently works... so the previous one was not defective? I'm not quite sure what the situation is in that respect.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your answer Russell. I will try reversing the code to see if it works, I copied it exactly the same way it is in my son's clicker- same brand and model but manufactured some 7 years ago. His clicker works with the gate so gate is not defective. I was able to program my garage door on the second button with the smart learn button and working ok. I don't think it is a defective clicker because I bought two of same clicker one for myself and one for my husband, neither is working, I am doing the same for each. I am not sure how I tell the remote I am trying to use button one to open the gate, I told it to control button two with the garage but don't see how to "assign" the other button to the dip switch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Russell, I was able to fix the problem with the manufacturer. No need for further answer. thanks, Debbie
Debbie, I'm glad to hear that a solution was reached, by whatever means.
If you care to let me know, even just roughly, what the solution turned out to be, I would be interested to hear. If not, thanks for asking your question here, and good luck.