Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Just to let you know there is full support by the table. No problem th

Customer Question
ere. I would like...
Just to let you know there is full support by the table. No problem th ere. I would like to know what type of glue should I use? The brand and where can I obtain the glue to fix the glass cocktail table. Since under the glass is gold leaf, it makes it difficult . There is support under the cocktail. Is there a brand of glue that I can use to solve the breakage of the glass on top? Please try to assist me. I would mean a lot to me since this was my mom's who passed away and I do not want to dispose of it. Thank you.
Sophia Z. Domogala
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
7/17/2015
Home Improvement Expert: Dovetail Greene, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Dovetail Greene
Dovetail Greene, General Contractor
Hello again. A clear epoxy should accomplish all the things you want to do. It's clear. Doesn't tend to yellow. Is quite strong. Will bond non-porous materials like glass. You can get it in a variety of setup times. The shorter setup,times mean you don't have to worry about clamping. Just hold the pieces together for say 60 seconds and your done. You do have to work quickly, so make sure all the,pieces are cleaned and ready to go. Does this make sense? Have I answered your question?
Hello again. Did I answer your question? If so would you rate my response so I can get paid? Yours, Kel
Dovetail Greene
Dovetail Greene
Dovetail Greene, General Contractor