AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

We have a Chamberlain Lift master professional Formula I. The

Customer Question

We have a Chamberlain Lift master professional Formula I. The switch on the wall has: open, lock and light. We do not have instructions. How does the lock work?
Sometimes the opener in the car will not open the door. We have the area cleared around the sides of the door track and the electric cord is firmly plugged in. The opener has one long bar which opens the door (usually!) a short bar with a narrow stripe on it and another short bar with nothing on it. What are the functions of the short bars?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Please look at the picture below which was uploaded.Verify that this is your wall control.This has the instructions for use, on the light and lock features.The lock feature does lock out any remotes when on, so that does sound like what has happened to you in the past.Let me know if that is not the match and we can get the one that is based on your exact Model number of the opener. ThanksSee picture below.
In case the print is too small, her eit is written out below on the functions as well:THE MULTI-FUNCTION DOOR CONTROLPress the push button to open or close thedoor. Press again to reverse the doorduring the closing cycle or to stop the doorwhile it’s opening.Light featurePress the Light button to turn the openerlight on or off. It will not control the opener lights when thedoor is in motion. If you turn it on and then activate theopener, the light will remain on for 4-1/2 minutes. Pressagain to turn it off sooner. The 4-1/2 minute interval can bechanged to 1-1/2, 2-1/2, or 3-1/2 minutes as follows: Pressand hold the Lock button until the light blinks (about 10seconds). A single blink indicates that the timer is reset to1-1/2 minutes. Repeat the procedure and the light will blinktwice, resetting the timer to 2-1/2 minutes. Repeat againfor a 3-1/2 minute interval, etc., up to a maximum of fourblinks and 4-1/2 minutes.Lock featureDesigned to prevent operation of the door fromhand-held remote controls. However, the door will openand close from the Door Control, the Outside Keylock andthe Keyless Entry Accessories.To activate, press and hold the Lock button for 2 seconds.The push bar light will flash as long as the Lock feature ison.To turn off, press and hold the Lock button again for2 seconds.The push bar light will stop flashing.The Lock feature will also turn off whenever the “learn” button on themotor unit panel is activated.Additional features when used with the 3-Buttonhand-held remoteA) To control the opener lights:In addition to operating the door, you may program theremote to operate the lights.1. With the door closed, press and hold a small remotebutton that you want to control the light.2. Press and hold the Light button on the Multi-Functiondoor control.3. While holding the Light button, press andhold the Lock button on the door control.4. After the opener lights flash, release allbuttons