How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dovetail Greene Your Own Question
Dovetail Greene
Dovetail Greene, General Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 377
Experience:  Licensed Building Contractor & Certified Building Designer
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Dovetail Greene is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a glass coffee table and a relative put his feet on

Customer Question

I have a glass coffee table and a relative put his feet on top of the glass cocktail table and the glass broke in numerous places. How am I am to repair the glass or if I can glue it together? pla
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Dovetail Greene replied 2 years ago.
Good evening. My name's Kel. Unless the broken piece is fully supported by the table's structure gluing won't work. Because the area of the bond is small the glue can't develop enough strength. You could get a piece of thick plastic cut the same size as the glass and put the plastic under the glass to provide some support. The problem there is the plastic will tend to sag where it's not supported by the table structure creating a gap. If you try to glue the plastic to the glass you'll be able to see the glue. I can't think of a way to repair the glass and have it look remotely as good as before the damage. The only solution is to have a new piece of glass cut. Will probably also need the edges polished. Does this make sense? Have I answered your question?
Expert:  Dovetail Greene replied 2 years ago.
If I've answered your question would you rate my response so I can get paid?