BuilderNorb
BuilderNorb, General Contractor
Experience:  State Certified Residential Builder
70426509

I am trying to figure out how to remove the

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out how to remove the green plastic retaining strips from my sears storm door.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  BuilderNorb replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'd like to assist you with this insert. Usually, starting at the top, You can pry the retaining strip downward to remove, the left strip pry to the right, right strip pry to left, and lower strip pry upward. These inserts generally "snap" into place. I have had them snap occasionally so before you remove, make sure you can find replacement retainers. There are a variety of tools that will work to remove the retainers, but if you don't have the manufacturers removal tool, the sears that supplied your storm door should have a suitable alternative. I use a heavy duty plastic scraper. Once you have started removing the first strip, keep removing in that same direction, DO NOT PULL OUTWARD as this may crease the strip. Reinstall by inserting into channel using finger in a sliding motion while applying pressure through the length of the strip. Please let me know if this helps!