MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  I repair most everything mechanical and electronic related with over 25 years of experience in these fields.
11519491

Replaced batteries on brinks home security antitheft wall safe

Customer Question

replaced batteries on brinks home security antitheft wall safe and now it wont work
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
please make sure your batteries are actually full of power. Sometimes they will come dead right out of the package.
Also use ONLY Duracell Alkaline batteries.
Another issue these safes have are corrosion on the battery contacts. Please remove the batteries, and use a bit of WD-40 or similar penetrating oil on a Q tip to clean all the contacts well.
This should help solve the issue. If it does, great then please rate my service kindly. If not though, please simply reply to me for additional information;-)
Thank you and have a great evening!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The batteries are located inside the safe door. The safe could not be opened to even access the batteries. We had to have a locksmith handle it.
Hi yes I understand. And considering this is your safe you should always replace the batteries on a regular basis and make sure the contacts are clean and shiny and that they haven't leaked.Im glad you got it open and Im sorry you neede a locksmith but that would have been my next note to you as unfortunate as it is we all have these inssues every now and again lol.In any case I hope you have a wonderful day and please rate kindly before closing as it is the only way i am credited for my time with you.No additional cost to rate my service;-)Thank you!Tech Michael