Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

To know how to wire up a 240-24 volt 3 wire transformer

Customer Question
to know how to wire up a 240-24 volt 3 wire transformer
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/8/2015
Home Improvement Expert: Jason, Electrician replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Electrician
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Does the transformer have a brand name and a model number anywhere on it?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello again. I can send the info for a phone consultation in about half an hour or so. Will that work for you?
tyco electronics number 621592 30va
Hello again. I looked up the transformer Online, and I'm not familiar with how to wire it. Unfortunately, it has somewhat odd markings for the leads.
I'll opt out of the question, to give the other electricians here a chance to look it over.
I appreciate the opportunity to help. Have a great day.
Home Improvement Expert: AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist replied 3 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.
Post a picture of the transformer, please.
Unable to find a copy of it online, only a replacement unit and the replacements have 6 leads, 3 off each side of the transformer.
Being only 3 leads, there would need to be some screw terminal connections as well as wires to make the transformer function.
Lets review a picture or pictures of yours and I am sure we can determine what is needed.
If you have the paper clip symbol on the chat tool bar, that allows picture uploading directly into the chat area.
Or upload to a free share site and post the private links to them here.
Let me know and we can continue,
Thanks
no need I an not getting the help I need I am canceling my order and my subscription to this site
Ok, if that is what you wish.
There isn't any way to assist, if we do not even know what it is you need.
Be glad to provide the necessary information.
Thanbks