Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I'm attempting to build a 6' high retaining wall in Woodland

Customer Question

I'm attempting to build a 6' high retaining wall in Woodland Hills, California. The problem that I'm running into is that every time I submit permit requests to do so, the city approves the plans says 'go ahead' to my contractor and then another department
in the city stop the construction because the say the plans need to be adjusted - this has happened three times and it's stretched a two week project into two months already! My question is this: How do I navigate these waters? I just wanted a place to store
my garbage bins and it's turned into a monster. I would like a plan to submit to the city that will stay approved. Is there some sort of secret sauce I'm missing here?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.
Locate the person who is talking about the 'adjustment' and tell him that you will be happy to pay the adjustment fee to get the job approved and does it need to be paid in cash or by check... and how much it is.
Let me know what he says.
We can go from there.