Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How do a program an Overhead Door 03T remote to a Wayne

Customer Question
Hi, how do a program...
Hi, how do a program an Overhead Door 03T remote to a Wayne Dalton Quantum series 3213 garage door opener?
Thanks for any help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/2/2015
Home Improvement Expert: AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist replied 2 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.
Garage door openers change with their designs and frequencies along with any special technology a manufacturer has developed.
They rarely can be used with other manufacturers openers unless they are a "universal" design.
Unfortunately, the one you have is designated as for a special technology with Overhead Door openers.
It is not compatible with your Wayne Dalton opener.
The remote is designed to work with CodeDodger® technology, however can be programmed to operate any CodeDodger® enabled garage door opener. This is used with only Overhead Door Openers.
Auto seek frequency range – this remote is designed to communicate with the garage door opener by automatically seeking either the 315 or the 390 frequency.
You garage door opener is operated at the 303MHZ range and is not compatible with the Overhead door remote.
It works with a rolling code technology.
You would need one to match your frequency, which is located below at the link:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.amazon.com/Dalton-303mhz-309884-297134-Garage/dp/B0031AWGTE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The programming is below:
Press the PROGRAM button located on the garage door motor head unit once. The PROGRAM STATUS light on the motor head unit will turn on and remain lit for one minute, indicating that it is ready to learn the Transmitter code.
Press the button on the transmitter you would like to use. The PROGRAM STATUS light will turn off indicating a successful learn.
Press the same button on the Transmitter once more to operate the door.
Hopefully the location of the purchase will accept the return of the Overhead door remote.
Let me know anything further needed, just reply.
Thanks
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist