Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Cant open my gun safe. Its a sentry with a dial combinatio…

Customer Question
Cant open my gun safe...
Cant open my gun safe. Its a sentry with a dial combination
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/1/2015
Home Improvement Expert: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
It sounds like when the locksmith unlocked it actually cracked the safe and the numbers he was able to determine from doing that are not necessarily is price ice as they need to be for repeating it. However, there is a master code combination for your Sentry safe. And it is kept in two places – usually on the inside cover of your original manual if you still have it, but also in a database at Sentry Honeywell. There is a page you will need to go to and fill out and get notarized just as proof of ownership of the safe and they will be able to give you that master combination. The master combination is something that can never be changed so it will work with your safe providing your safe isn't just broken.
Here is the link to that page
http://bitli.es/75kYKQ
Please let me know if you still have questions.

I watched him do it and he used my combination. Hopefully your solution will work better for me

I see. I didn't realize that he used your combination. I hope you didn't charge you a bunch of money to do that. Locksmiths can be pretty expensive.
I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the rating icons, good, okay, or excellent. I will still be available to you after rating. Me know if you need anything else.