Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Having trouble with my roomba irobit

Customer Question
Having trouble with my roomba irobit
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2015
Home Improvement Expert: Steve G., Handyman replied 3 years ago
Steve G., Handyman
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.
What sort of trouble are you experiencing. Please be as detailed as you can.
Thanks
Steve
Roomba is charged. Every time I hit the clean button it says "move roomba to a new location and, then press clean to restart"
I have moved it to several different locations. The message stays the same. It won't move
Ok, it sounds like a Cliff Sensor problem. The sensors prevent the Roomba going down t he stairs or off an edge. They are shown in THIS SCREEN.
Are they clean or do they have dust on them - maybe on the inside?
Please let me know so that we can continue.
Regards
Steve
The sensors look perfectly clean. No dust at all
Ok, when you get the error, does the voice gove you an error code? For example "Uh-Oh (sound) Error 1, move Roomba to new location".??
It beeps one time. Very short, and then says to move roomba to a new location....
Ok, that is a bumper problem. Go ahead and very quickly rattle the front bumper in and out several times with your hand. Do it on the left and the right side of the bumper.
Do that a few times and then put the Roomba down and see if it works.
I'll be here.
Steve
Hmmm, I have rattled the bumper. Quickly and on both sides. Several times. Still the same message. No change
Ok, now the two main wheels. Push them up and down and make sure they rotate. Clear out any dust that may be in the wheel well.
Then give it a try.
They push down and pop up with a problem. They both turn fine. No dust. Same message.
Without a problem
Ok, then I'm not sure what it could be. I am sorry. We have other Roomba experts here. Hold on and I'll see if I can find one for you.
Steve
Thank you
What's up? No answer? It's been over 24 hours.