Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Have a craftsman garage door opener (139.53615-SR) and can't get a rem

Customer Question
ote programed to it....
Have a craftsman garage door opener (139.53615-SR) and can't get a rem ote programed to it. The learn button is yellow and the indicator light is red. I have no transmitter for this door since the last F-150 I had had the door opener on the visor.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
5/29/2015
Home Improvement Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try it this way:
1. locate the learn button. It may be near the antenna wire, if this is that sort of opener.
2. hold the remote ready.
3. press and hold the learn button for over 1 second, about 1 1/2 seconds will do.
4. press the button on the remote.
5. then press it again.
6. then press it again.

See if that helps.

If it doesn't, then (aside from, obviously, checking that the remotes have batteries in them, that are fresh batteries, and in the proper orientation(s) as to + and - poles) what maker and model # ***** the remotes? I need to check on their compatibility, among other thing, if the above advice-in-detail does not work either.

Battery is good and polarity is correct. Tried your advice to no avail. Transmitter I am using is No. 139.53778 which is the transmitter that came with the op

I'm not sure I have more to suggest, unfortunately, and I apologize for that.I have Opted Out, opening the case for other Experts to work on it. (I can still respond to further postings and messages of yours - I have not cut off communication.)

Well, thank you for trying. Now what? Do I wait for other experts to respond ince you said you opened this case to other experts?

Do I wait for other experts to respond... ?

Yes, that's essentially it. I'm still here and (obviously) see your posts and can respond to them still, or can still post an idea if I happen to have one.

Thanks for your patience.

Since Justanswer did not solve my problem, do I get a refund of my $15.00? I am under the impression my money will be refunded if JUSTANSWER couldn't help.

I have passed your request on to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They ought to take care of it with reasonable promptness.
Home Improvement Expert: Machinc, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Try this :
Aim remote at receiver ( in door opener)
Push and release the learn button on the unit. It should start flashing Push the remote button one time The code is sent . The receiver should stop flashing This means it recognized the code. Press the remote button again.The receiver indicator should go out.
Now the remote should work.
I will be glad to answer any questions you may have
Machinc

I tried what you suggested and nothing happens. If the receiver accepts the code it isn't apparent to me. The door doesn't move.

This site will show you how to set your opener
To march the remotes
http://m.managemylife.com/mmh/pd_download/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0707148.pdf
Machinc

I have the owners manual for my opener and I have tried everything the manual says to do With no satisfaction. the manual page you sent me is the same as what I have. I think I need to buy a new opener.

The control board is mist likely bad.
It cost about half as much As a new
Opener. And you could still have other trouble
At this stage a new opener would most likely
be the most trouble free way to go
Machinc

I see that you agree with me. Again, since JUSTANSWER couldn't help me get this problem solved, how do I get my money back?

I am telling you the control board is most likely bad
and if you dont want to go to the expense of about
1/2 the cost of a new unit It might not be a bad Idea
to replace it.
Its just a rule of thumb when time and cost
get too high replacement night be a better
option.
Machinc
.

I agree with you. I concluded that without your help. How do I get my money back?

You have to contact the administrator side of the site.

I dont see anywhere it says administrator. How do I do that?

Im sorry im not familiar with that i woukd asume you go to the page qhere you would pay or opt not to pay
Machinc
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor