Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I am Tom. My garage door will not close all the way.

Customer Question

Hello I am Tom. My garage door will not close all the way. I have it disconnected from the opener and it will not close all the way. It seems to bind up when it gets about 6 inches from the floor. The rollers are free.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.
If the rollers and track are fine and the door is disconnected from the opener, then you have a problem with the spring(s). I would have a qualified technician come out and look at them. Working on springs yourself can be very dangerous because they are under extreme tension.