How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask The Home Smithy Your Own Question
The Home Smithy
The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 9622
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
The Home Smithy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CSLB in Construction attorney / law in state of California

This answer was rated:

Required someone who is familiar with CSLB in Construction attorney / law in state of California


We have a construction business and he is B licensed. Am I allow to hire trainees in the company only general B license and 2 employees apply for trainee under his supervision works?


As trainees do they have to enrolled in approved class.

Hi and welcome.
No you may not train them outside of your licensed field. At least not on the jobsite. You can train anyone to do anything you like so long as it is not done under the class B license and or it does not violate another law. Like training medical personnel. That wouldn't fly.
Mind you you cant call them trainees to avoid disability coverage or anything else that is required to have employees working for you.
Im not clear about what you are asking about the 2 employees that apply for training?
As your trainees you would be providing the training. Taking other classes in construction technology is a good idea.
The Home Smithy and other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you