How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 8695
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I intend to get a new driveway built at the front (current

This answer was rated:

I intend to get a new driveway built at the front (current garden area) of my house. The property is located in Edinburgh, Scotland and I wish to know if any form of planning permission or approval is required from my local council. The driveway is only needed for one car and will therefore not be a large area - circa 25/30 square metres. The pavement at the front currently has a kerb that will require to be removed to allow access to/from the driveway.


Welcome to Just Answer!

A permit is required in order to comply with the various set back and other regulations.


If you wish to rate my answer *positively, I will be paid from your deposit, and in that case I will hold the question open for an future follow up you might need with no time limit. That works out well all the way around.



Phil and other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you