Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I didnt mix my concrete correctly (incorrect ratio) and it

Customer Question
I didn't mix my concrete...
I didn't mix my concrete correctly (incorrect ratio) and it did not set. Can I shovel it out of my form and add in more? It is a small 29" x 18" pad. I don't want to start over because we added color to the concrete and don't have any more.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/2/2013
Home Improvement Expert: Daniel, Electrical Engineer replied 4 years ago
Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Hi there happy to help.

Yes I would shovel out as much as you can in this case and replace it with the properly mixed concrete. Try to get the replacement concrete mixed in as well as possible with the concrete that remains.

Do not let it set up. It eventually will set up so hustle....... but it will have a concave form to it and not be as strong. If this was a large pour you would be in a really bad situation, but with such a small slab, you should be able to manually fix it.

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great day.

Daniel, Electrical Engineer