Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Is there a grass seed product (for patching bare area) that

really/truly works? All/any one of them...
Is there a grass seed product (for patching bare area) that really/truly works?
All/any one of them, I find, work great for half the users, dont work at all for the
other half. No middle ground! I live in southern california,,,can you recommend
one explicitly!? (this questions seems to want to "go to" Ford mech! can you forward this to home improvement or landscaping experts cat, or the like!?)
7/24/2013
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Gina-Moderator

I would still like to get an answer to this, seems like an easy one,

but maybe not! Are there several landscape/gardening/lawn experts

available? thanx

Hello Robert,

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a landscaping professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Gina-Moderator

Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Handyman

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you..

Sorry have not gotten a response sooner lawn care can indeed be a complex equation. . . For good results does not only require a quality seed that will germinate without other weeds in the mix, but proper soil conditions, besides watering and persistence in maintaining a moist base for the grass to grow, also the areas must be free of use weed killer or pesticides to allow the seed to take hold and prosper.

`

Please see this good online guide > http://www.scotts.com/smg/library/section/Lawn-Care-Projects/21300003/7800016

&

Here is a great re-seeding product that have had excellent result with >

http://www.scotts.com/smg/goprod/turf-builder-ez-seed-tall-fescue-lawns/prod10350001/;jsessionid=FEC57263D96B9900CFB1D80253F603C1

`

Tip : Sprinkling a light layer of peat moss mix over the patch areas will help give the new grass a moist base and help give positive results :) > http://www.scotts.com/smg/goprod/whitney-farms-peat-moss/prod70292/

`

~ Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You ~ Dr-Fix-It-Advise.com

I was considering scotts TBuilder ez seed! but NOT for the/with tall

fescue lawns!! so i have choice now of "for fescue" or the "plain" ez seed..

the rest of the lawn is in sun-and-shade,,,so does it matter which one of the

above (2) I buy!? thanx!

Hi you can but the grass type that matches your lawn (sun & shade or tall fescue) all the EZ seeds use the same process which coats the seeds with a layer to help hold moisture and feed each individual seed to allow the grass to quickly grow. I tried other patch seed mixes that have the green paper mixed in, but did not get very good results and after trying the EZ seed in spring with little effort got a great full lawn. So sure will give you great results, just make sure the soil is loosened, amended, and kept from drying out....

`

See > http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productCategorySubSelf.jsp?itemId=cat70014&navAction=jump&campaign=G_Seeds_EZ_Seed_Brand_Search_Exact20130204&source=google&medium=cpc&term=ez_seed&gclid=CPaN5Ya4ybgCFQpxQgodcw4AzQ&sissr=1

Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Handyman
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Handyman