Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I would like to buy towels and bedsheets/ conforters for my

little hotel I am opening...
I would like to buy towels and bedsheets/ conforters for my little hotel I am opening. What should I considerer in order to buy them so they last a long time and make guest happy?

Any particular material?
Partivular color?

Thanks
7/4/2013
The Home Smithy, Home Builder

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer.

This is definately one of those times when you get what you pay for. You can go to Kmart, or Krogers and get their inexpensive 50/50 cotton/poly sheet sets for 15 bucks a set. They will last until they get stained, cigarette burned, or torn, and then you throw them away. Or you can get top qualityhigh thread count cotton sheet sets that will run you about 80 bucks a set. They will get stained, cigarette burned, and torn. When they do you can have the stains professionally removed, the cigarette holes patched, and the tears mended. You can then charge the customers credit card for the repairs. Using the cheap sets you really cant justify charging the customers credit card, and most will refute any charges considering that the sets were cheapos anyway.

This is also something that is a good sell point. Top quality bedding is a big plus in my book. At the bottom of the brochure (in fine print of course)you can mention about the charges for ruining your top quality bedding.

The same applies to all of the linnens in your establishment.

There is nothing like taking a hot shower after a long trip, toweling off with a big fluffy towel, then slipping into the soft warm bath robe (with the places logo on it) that you provide as a courtesy in the rooms, and sell in the gift shop, having a hot apple cider, (with a nice brandy of course), kicking it with your spouse in front of the crackeling REAL fireplace, and eventually slipping between nice crisp clothes line dried cotton sheets. When your head hits the pillow (fluffed just right) it isnt long before you drift off with a big cat ate the canary smile on your face.

The higher the thread count the better the quality. Stay away from stain resistant poly whatever stuff. Leave that to the casinos and flea bag hotels.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

P.S. Do Not scrimp on your laundry facility. Get the best and learn how to use it properly.

Hi, Alexandre. Is there anything else you would like to know. I will be happy to assist you further if you like. All you have to do is ask. =)

Best, Smitty

**How to rate your expert**

Hi Smitty : )
Thanks fpr the answer!!! Very helpful!
I am going to get back to you today with another question

Thanks

Okay. Ill be here later this evening. Have to go back to finish a job here soon. Just taking a break from the heat right now.

If the answer to your question was helpful please select a positive rating. It will not close this question.

If you have already done so please let me know. It has not processed as of this posting.

Thank you.

The Home Smithy, Home Builder

Hi Smithy! Thanks again.

Just to clarify, so you think count cotton is better for sheets and fluffy towels, but what type of material?

Not count cotton.

The quality of the cloth is measured by the thread count. e.g; 7 thread count is cheezy cheapo stuff you get a KMart. Where 17 thread count is the good stuff (numbers are example only) you get at Nordstroms.

The Home Smithy, Home Builder