Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
Sorry to hear about your problem.
This is a problem with the safety sensors; either due to a blocked path between the safety sensors, condensation, dirty eyes, loose wires at the sensors or at the motor head, or just misaligned or bad safety sensors. When the invisible beam path is obstructed or misaligned while the door is closing, the door will reverse. If the door is already open, it will not close. The opener lights will flash 10 times.
The remotes will not work to close the garage door; they can only open it. When this happens, your garage door will only close by holding down on the wall button until the door fully closes. This method is the only way to override the safety sensors and close the door.
To correct the problem, you need green indicator lights in both the sending and receiving eyes and they will glow steadily if wiring connections and alignment are correct. The sending eye indicator light will glow regardless of alignment or obstruction. If the indicator light is off, dim or flickering in the receiving eye (and the invisible light beam path is not obstructed), alignment is required.
- Loosen the sending eye wing nut and re-adjust, aiming directly at the receiving eye. Lock in place.
- Loosen the receiving eye wing nut and adjust sensor vertically and/ or horizontally until it receives the sender's beam. When the green indicator light glows steadily, tighten the wing nut.
1. If the sending eye indicator light does not glow steadily check for:
- Electric power to the opener.
- A short in the white or white/black wires. These can occur under staples or at screw terminal connections.
- Incorrect wiring between sensors and opener.
- An open wire (wire break).
2. If the sending eye indicator light glows steadily but the receiving eye indicator light doesn't:
- Check alignment.
- Check for an open wire to the receiving eye.
3. If the receiving eye indicator light is dim, realign either sensor.
If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.
Thanks for asking your question.
Best of Luck, Brian
If you are satisfied with this answer please leave me a positive rating at your convenience.