How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Martin Your Own Question
Martin, Electrical Engineer
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 4944
Experience:  Design, construct, fix and grow stuff around and in the home.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Martin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what kind of acid ?

This answer was rated:

what kind of acid ?
Hello. You could use diluted hydrochloric acid (also known as muriatic acid).

Simple acetic acid (vinegar) could do as well.

With either, try on a sample before doing it on large scale.

As a personal opinion i would not fall to matching at all cost. Acid not only age the look of the panel, it also reduce it's lifetime. Especially on a roof, this is not something many notice.
Martin and 2 other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you