Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Bosch 3107dvs problem. sander quit working,

Customer Question
Bosch 3107dvs problem. sander quit...

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
5/9/2013
Home Improvement Expert: Daniel, Electrical Engineer replied 4 years ago
Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Hi there and welcome to Just Answer.

I see some time has gone by on your question, do you still need help with this?

Let me know

What information do you need?

Relist: Other.
No answer
Home Improvement Expert: Rich, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 4 years ago
Rich
Rich, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Hello .. can you describe how this sander came to be not working ?

wee you using it ? or just tried it ?

did you check the outlet with another electrical tool ?

or did you try this one in another outlet ?

Don't know where my original info went but I will repeat. Sander quit working. When tested had power through the on/off switch to the speed governor but

not out of it. Replaced governor. Same result. Replaced it again with same result. If governor bypassed, sander operates great but only at max speed.

OK .. I am not that familiar with that type of control ..

seems that if you replaced the governor and still had the problem .. maybe there is an oops in the wiring to it

I am going to opt out and see if anyone else can pick this up ..

do not start another thread .. come back to this one for future interaction

you aren't listening. I have power to the speed governor when the on/off switch is on. but none out of it. When it is bypassed with power from the switch, it operates at full speed.

I got that. Just thinking out loud. So it seems that there are two places where the fault could be. Inside the governor. Which you have replaced. Or. In how it is connected. ??

Governor comes with two spade connectors, one in, one out. Each is a unique shape and cannot be confused. Again, when power is routed around the speed governor to the same connection on the motor, the sander runs fine. I can't believe that all three speed governors are/were faulty. I guess I may just have to get used to a one speed sander.

no reponse I'm gone

Home Improvement Expert: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 years ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Rich
Rich
Rich, Home Improvement Enthusiast