Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

low pump pressure on pressure washer model #NNN-NN-NNNN

low pump pressure on...
low pump pressure on pressure washer model #NNN-NN-NNNN Have checked for clugs in outlets, inlets and hoses
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/29/2013
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Sounds like you have checked most of the common issues with low pressure

CLICK HERE for pages 15,16 and 21 for any that you may have missed.

Spray nozzle and in line filter are 2 that come to mind that may have been overlooked.

I know with mine, many times when using after a long storage period, I have to slowly
squeeze the trigger to get some water flow and then open it up all the way.

Doing this several times at slow rate and full open, finally gets the pump primed and pumping at full pressure.
I still do not know why mine does this, since the pump is under water pressure from the house supply.

It too is a craftsman.

I've tried opening and closing nozzle several times, but not half-way I'll give it a try - It does act like it has lost prime - I'll be back in touch - Thanks

Understand, that us why I posted what my personal one does from time to time.
But it usually grabs and starts pumping after 4-5 times of slow trigger to full trigger.
Mine also has a nozzle that turns so I can fan or stream.
Stream helps me more than fan to get it pumping

After that it works great.

Tried opening trigger just part way several times - I was excited because I thought your idea would work - but it didn't -- tried it for about an hour, also cleaned all the hoses and jets again- took out the jet on the pump outlet that was clean - got any other - What does the spring loaded screw at the top of the pump do? Jim

Not sure which screw you are referring to.

Look at Page 23 on the link I posted.

It shows the check valves and their locations, possibly a check is sticking?

May need to remove them and look them over, then put them back.

Should just be a small wrench to do that.

I would have to go pull mine out of the storage building to look and I can if we have no progress.

The spring loaded screw is "A" at the end of the "28" manfold ------------- I'll check the "check valves" next - ( I must say whether we figure this out or not, It's fun) I went to the Sears Store for help or service - that was not fun)

Well, not the Sears we had when our dads used them for everything.

Not even the same when I was a kid, today is sales only.

Ok, the "A" is listed as the unloader, that would release pressure and keep from building it up from my knowledge.

Unloader means what it says, unload.
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist