How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fix-It Your Own Question
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Handyman
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 3024
Experience:  Work on all parts of home construction & maintenance
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Dr. Fix-It is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small piece of plastic that needs to be attached to

This answer was rated:

I have a small piece of plastic that needs to be attached to a piece of silicone. It needs to withstand some pressure as the plastic is a button and the very pliable silicone is below it. What will permanently adhere the two?

Hi I am Dr.Fix-It, Your online expert ready to assist you...


Thanks for your patience and asking your question today, you may use the Sil-Poxy© Silicone Adhesive to create the bond between the silicone and plastic surfaces. Per description:


Sil-Poxy© is a one component adhesive made specifically for bonding RTV silicone rubber to silicone rubber and other substrates including some plastics (urethane), plasters/ceramics, fabrics, etc. Sil-Poxy© will work with tin or platinum-cure silicones and provides a strong, flexible bond between silicone parts with high elongation. Sil-Poxy© can be used repairing torn silicone rubber molds. Other applications include bonding silicone for prosthetics and animatronics.


reference :




Hope that helps, have a look and let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. The product only works with urethane plastics. I need ABS plastic adhesive that works with silicone as well. Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification Steve, may try this stuff called Amazing Goop that really sticks to about anything and has rigid to flexible tubes available.


reference >


Dr. Fix-It and other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you