Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

What is the going rate by square ft. for hanging drywall? tape…

What is the going rate...
What is the going rate by square ft. for hanging drywall? tape and bed? texture? and painting? each individualy for resdidential. The same for commerical. Separate residential and commerical this prices are for S. Texas (Corpus Christi) area only.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/25/2012
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Phil :

Have all work permitted and inspected. WE KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION YOU NEED. I come and go. be patient.

Phil :

Hello, the cost is a multiple of the sheet costs. thickness of the sheet, and area of the country... and depends if the contractor is licensed and insured and pays workmans compensation insurance on his employees etc.

Phil :

Here is a calculator that will put you in the ball park.

Phil :

we can discuss a range of options beyond that

Phil :

http://www.csgnetwork.com/drywallcalc.html

Phil :

Phil

Phil :

I will opt out however, one of our other experts closer to your local area will likely have more comprehensive advice

Phil :

Phi

Customer:

I was not e-mailed to let me know that you where on line .

Phil :

Hello again, thats ok... I moved a bit too fast on this question. I think one of our other construction specialists. one familiar with your local market will be better suited to answer. Ive put your question back on the board for that reason

Customer:

My question is how much to charge for hanhing sheetrock?

Customer:

How much tape float? _________how much to texture?________how much to prime &paint?_____on resdidential. How much for the same job on commerical?

John Contractor
John Contractor, General Contractor

Hello

the going rate on hanging sheetrock per sq ft is about $1.15 per square foot and to tape is about $0.19 per sq ft Painting will cost about $1.05 per sq ft And Texture will run about $1.40 per sq ft Hope this answers your Question and feel free to ask Questions about this project...

Thank You

Please Press The ACCEPT BUTTON so I Will Be Paid By Just Answer For My Time

Thank You..

This prices are for commerical? What is $ for texture and painting

Hello again

The prices are within 10 cents for residential and commercial, so long as the contractor is local and non-union. As I said above, painting will cost about $1.05 per sq ft And Texture will run about $1.40 per sq ft (give or take 5 to 10 cents per sq ft for the residential / commercial difference).

--John

Painting is 1.05 sq ft how about priming?

Hello

The Price for the painting Includes the priming...

John..

One more question to hang drywall is 1.15 1 sheet would be 4x8=32sqft x1.15=$36.80 a sheet?

Hello

The $1.15 would be to Install per sq ft, now some contractors will go as low as $0.85 cents per sq ft so its best to get a few Estimates from at least 2 or 3 contractors. Most will include taping with the $1.15 per sq ft but 95% of them won't, so hanging and taping would be included in that $1.15 if you get the right Contractor,,

Good Luck

John..

I'm a paint contractor,I do remodeling and repaints but now going into new work which it's a whole different ball game. there is no union down here so will this prices be pretty competive and close to getting a job on this prices you have sent.

Hello

The prices that i Quoted you will not scare anyone away if that is what you are worried about, the prices are within a few cents in all states and around the country so if you think you are charging too much your not this is the rate per sq ft good luck with everything and i hope all works out for you,,

Thanks

John..

John Contractor
John Contractor, General Contractor
Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, General Contractor
I charge 1.25 sqft to buy it, load it, haul it, unload it, haul to rooms, and hang it. I charge 1.87 sqft to screen tape, setting compound 2 coats, mud skim coat- smooth as plaster ready to prime. This works out to about $40/man hour. The monopoly house developers pay about $8.00/man hour and their work is crap.
If you want to take the time for perfection and make a living, charge $3.12 sqft. People do pay for quality. There is no satisfaction or $$ in working for people who want cheap and accept "good enough". Your reputation is at stake. Your better off being called expensive, than broke with a reputation for cheezy work.
John Contractor
John Contractor
John Contractor, General Contractor