Patrick
Patrick, Construction Project Manager
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
16029536

One side of my Moen Pro Fit towel bar is loose. How do I fix this?

I've installed a Moen Pro+Fit towel bar, but one side is loose. Can you tell me how to remove the chrome parts so I can tighten the post?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Are there set screws under the trim?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, there are no set screws. There is a rectangular opening in the bottom of the chrome piece. When I put a screwdriver in the opening, nothing happens -- probably because I don't know whether to push up, back, or forward.

Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.

Got in touch with Moen today and they said that in order to remove a Pro-fit mount you take a small flat blade screwdriver and insert it straight up into the rectangular hole under the mount. Then, push back on the screwdriver blade to push the small flat plastic clip back towards the wall to release the towel bar from the wall mount. Once the towel bar is removed you will see a black plastic cup with a screw in the middle. The screw can be tightened or loosened. If the wall mount is loose you will want to tighten it. That is it. Good luck.