Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

need 40 cases of dcd home depot tile - milano almond by cermica…

Customer Question
need 40 cases of dc'd...
need 40 cases of dc'd home depot tile - milano almond by cermica cotto - thai ceramic co.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/27/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Stephen Cutler, General Contractor replied 8 years ago
Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, General Contractor
I presume these tiles were purchased more than 2 years ago and no longer available thru HomeDepot.
If Thai is an abbreviation for Thailand, check with the Thai consulate to see which port they imported to, and from there, the wholesalers & retailers that they were distributed to. You can also do this with the Spanish and Italian consulates in Miami Florida.

Can you elaborate on contacting the thai consulate - is this also known as the thai embassy - and the consulate keeps detailed records of thai exports to the type of tiles exported? I was thinking that you might have some idea about how to go through the Home Depot end of the transaction, i.e. who home depot dumps dc'd items too (for example).

Yes the embassy will give you the number for their import official. Yes they keep detailed records.
I did this for an Italian tile. Many of the receivers were out of business or the business changed ownership and the new owner had no records of the previous owners transactions. Of the ones still in business all but 2 had sold out, and the last 2 had donated them to schools for mosaic projects. I do not know where HomeDepot dumps their stuff. Usually they move it to the front of the store and mark it WAY down. They would surely toss single cases in their dumpster.

I hope that this information was helpful to you. If it was please remember to click "ACCEPT" on your screen to make sure that I am paid for my efforts. By clicking ACCEPT you are not giving up your ability to ask more questions pertaining to this subject, and I will be happy to respond to these as well. Please take a moment and leave feedback, it is very important!
If I exceeded your expectations, a bonus is greatly appreciated- it's easy to do
when you accept an answer. Or you can come back and add a bonus at a later date by using the "bonus" button at the top your question page.