Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Please forward this to a person with experience in pest control Will…

Customer Question
Please forward this to a...
Please forward this to a person with experience in pest control?

Will earwigs damage a person's home-as in relation to the foundation and the joists, wood of the home?

Also, a friend of mine said that you could put a powder around the perimeter of the outside of the house as one measure to control the earwigs, where can I buy this at?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/24/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 8 years ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Hi

Earwigs do not damage sound wood like termites or carpenter ants. They are fond of nesting and hiding in cool damp places. I would not recommend putting a powdered insecticide on the ground around the perimeter of your house. A better choice would be a product like Ortho's "Home Defense" available at most home and garden centers and the big box stores

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xn8/R-100070101/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053