Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

It started out with the mistake of buying laminate wood floors.

Customer Question
I followed the instructions of...
It started out with the mistake of buying laminate wood floors. I followed the instructions of what the manufacturer recommended for the floor cleaner. The floor always appeared that it had a film look on it.
Everytime I use the cleaner(Mannington ultra clean) It seemed to get worse. That could also be just the wear on the floor. I had no idea how hard it is to clean a laminate floor I hate them. They show up every little spec of dirt, anything and everything.
Anyway, the floor was awful so, I tried the vinegar water and that made it worse. Maybe even tried another floor cleaner.
Well, after all that my ? is what do u know about a product called I.F.T.,
Intensive Floor Treatment. I have purchased it but have not used it.
I found it on www.welovefloors.com
Thanks
L
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/10/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Patrick, Construction Project Manager replied 8 years ago
Patrick
Patrick, Construction Project Manager
They have a product called Basic Coatings Squeeky Clean for Laminate Floors. The ITF is designed to strip off coatings from wood floors. A laminate floor is another animal. You may want to do a test clean in a non conspicuous area in order to how it performs. It should clean off any foreign product applied to the floor. If you are getting scratches and wear, the Squeeky Clean may help provide some lustre. Again, test in a small area first.Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.
Customer Have you test tried your product? The trouble with laminate flooring is that it is a coating over the "wood picture". When the coating gets scratched or worn it looses the lustre that it originally had. Since this is an integral part of the laminate floor component there is not much to do except keep it clean and see what products can impart a shine to them without creating a slip hazard.