Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have two pumps. Pump #2 quite working, I need to pull it…

Customer Question
We have two pumps....
We have two pumps. Pump #2 quite working, I need to pull it out and get it repaired or replaced. We have(NNN) NNN-NNNNpeople coming to our restuarant this Friday so I tried to bypass pump #2 so pump #1 would preform while I'm getting pump #2 repaired. When I turned pump #2 off and set pump #1 to the auto position the alarm would still go off and pump #1 would not turn on/off. I have to turn pump #1 to manual to get it to work. With both pumps turned on pump#2 turns on properly until the second float trips the alarm because the pump is broken. This told me that the lower float on pump #2 could be malfunctioning, so I switched the floats inside the control panel. Still no luck. Then I switched the power cords making pump #1 pump #2 and visa versa. Still no luck! Please advice!
Greg Kenney, La Dolce Vita Restaurant, Oxnard, California
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/9/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Stephen Cutler, General Contractor replied 8 years ago
Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, General Contractor

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Are these air conditioning condensate pumps?

almost Friday, have you come up with a solution yet?