Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Hi there, I have vertical cordless blinds and my son pulled…

Customer Question
Hi there, I have vertical cordless...
Hi there,
I have vertical cordless blinds and my son pulled the blind down and it won't go back up and I can't figure out the problem.
Thank you,
Rick
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/9/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Stephen Cutler, General Contractor replied 8 years ago
Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, General Contractor

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. com.

Is this a white vinyl, spring loaded, roll up type blind?

It is not white vinyl but it is a spring loaded roll up. It is honey comb color but not vinyl material

OK- one spindle is round and one is flat. The flat one is the spring end. Take the whole mess out of the brackets and roll the shade up onto it's tube. Put it back in the brackets and pull it all the way down and find a position that engages the lock. Take it out of the brackets (take care not to release the lock!)and roll it up again. Put it back in the brackets(take care not to release the lock!). Pull the shade down again. If it is too tight, remove it from the brackets and unwind some. If it is too loose take it out of the brackets and wind it up some. You can keep doing this until it is perfectly balanced, or just good enough. That's up to you.

I hope that this information was helpful to you. If it was please remember to click "ACCEPT" on your screen to make sure that I am paid for my efforts. By clicking ACCEPT you are not giving up your ability to ask more questions pertaining to this subject, and I will be happy to respond to these as well. Please take a moment and leave feedback, it is very important!
If I exceeded your expectations, a bonus is greatly appreciated- it's easy to do
when you accept an answer. Or you can come back and add a bonus at a later date by using the "bonus" button at the top your question page.

Hi Stephen,
I did what you said and it looks a little more normal but somehow I got the white thread wrapped around the outside of the spindle and not in the casing part and I'm not sure how to undue it so it works properly.