Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have a loud vibrating noise (almost like a jackhammer) that…

Customer Question
We have a loud vibrating...
We have a loud vibrating noise (almost like a jackhammer) that runs through one of our walls every once in a while(no longer than 30 seconds)- It's not near a water pipe, and is right under the thermostat. Would this be something I would want to call an HVAC professional about or is it something we can remedy on our own? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
4/8/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Dennis M. Smith, Construction Consultant replied 8 years ago
Dennis M. Smith
Dennis M. Smith, Construction Consultant

Does you house have a basement or an easy access crawl space.??

Dennis (cut2it)

PS.. If there is a basement are the ceiling joists exposed?