Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Our window screens lock inside the top portion of our windows.

Customer Question
We have since put in...
Our window screens lock inside the top portion of our windows. We have since put in shutters and cannot unlock the screens. How do we clean both outside windows and screens without removing the screens?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
4/3/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Patrick, Construction Project Manager replied 7 years ago
Patrick
Patrick, Construction Project Manager
Please explain how the shutters keep you from accessing the exterior screens.
Because the way the shutters were installed, they block total access to the screen locks which are located inside the windows behind the shutters not allowing us to each the locks to remove the shutters.
That is pretty limiting then as far as being able to access removal. That leaves you with the option of using a pump up sprayer of ammonia and water to spray onto the exterior screens ad windows and allow to soak then hit with the sprayer on a hose. You may have some water spots but it should clean the windows and screens. I put just a small squirt of dish soap into the sprayer with the ammonia and hot water to cry through cob webs and dirt. This will at least clean the windows and screens. If you want to attempt drying them you could use a leaf blower and try to blow the water off before it dries. Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.
Patrick
Patrick, Construction Project Manager
Patrick
Patrick
Patrick, Construction Project Manager