How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick Your Own Question
Patrick, Construction Project Manager
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 2429
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Patrick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just had my white brick porch repaired with new bricks, etc.

Resolved Question:

I just had my white brick porch repaired with new bricks, etc. I want to waterproof the porch and steps so that the bricks don't crack and spall off in the future. I don't want the surface to be slippery , of course. What product should I use? (by retail name, if possible). I prefer one that I can apply by garden pump sprayer.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
You want a masonry penetrant. This type of product actually soaks into the masonry and performs for many years versus a sealer which typically topcoats and wears away. Copy and paste the attached into your address bar. It is but one product that should meet your needs for the application you want. Always follow directions for preparation prior to application to get the best installation of the product. Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.
Patrick and other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you