Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I just had my white brick porch repaired with new bricks, etc.

Customer Question
I want to waterproof the...
I just had my white brick porch repaired with new bricks, etc. I want to waterproof the porch and steps so that the bricks don't crack and spall off in the future. I don't want the surface to be slippery , of course. What product should I use? (by retail name, if possible). I prefer one that I can apply by garden pump sprayer.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
4/3/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Patrick, Construction Project Manager replied 8 years ago
Patrick
Patrick, Construction Project Manager
You want a masonry penetrant. This type of product actually soaks into the masonry and performs for many years versus a sealer which typically topcoats and wears away. Copy and paste the attached into your address bar. It is but one product that should meet your needs for the application you want. Always follow directions for preparation prior to application to get the best installation of the product. Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you. http://www.enecon.com/prod-Eneseal-MP.asp
Patrick
Patrick, Construction Project Manager