Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I want to keep a bathroom vanity, but need help with what is

Customer Question

I want to keep a bathroom vanity, but need help with what is above it. One sink to the left, medicine cabinet to the left (over the sink), light fixture in the middle over the sink; -wall space left to the right over the vanity (about 16 inches). Should the light fixture be over the medicine chest to the left or kept in the middle? And how to fill in the wall space to the right - some soret of shelving? Help.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Any way to send some photos?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, don't know how! But here are some measurements. Base vanity is 54"; light is at 27" (right inthe middle); square medicine cabinet extends to 39" (from the left), leaving actually 15" wall space on the right above the vanity. I have thought about replacing the medicine cabinet with a bigger one (longer), but that would involve carpentry work and would cause some problems with the back adjoining beroom wall. Hoiwever, if that is the only solution, then I will have to have it done.