Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Do you add Overhead And Profit when you have 3 trade on doing…

Customer Question
Do you add Overhead And...
Do you add Overhead And Profit when you have 3 trade on doing repair work to a mobile ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/2/2010
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 8 years ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor
HiCustomerbr />
What do you mean by "when you have 3 trade on doing repair work"? are you the contractor? are you asking about marking up subs?
If you have 3 trade on doing a repair job on a mobile home after a storm would you have to add the 20% for the general contractor
20% is a typical mark-up to compensate the general contractor for his efforts.
Rick
Rick, General Contractor
How mine trades do you think it take before you would add the General Contractor overhead and profit on a job
Even 1 trade. The GC has to make a living and the 20% markup pays for his efforts. If one of the trade contractors is also the GC then 1 trade in addition to his own assuming he is making his normal markup on his trade. Adding the 20% in addition to his own mark up is not reasonable.

Do you feel that when a Contractor is doing repair work on a mobile home that a General Contractor would need to be used

The only time a GC is necessary is when there are multiple trades on a project and they need to be coordinated. The GC is the one who looks at the big picture and gets everybody to work together. With no GC each trade will do what is best for them often with no consideration of the ramifications to the other trades or the project as a whole.
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Do you feel that a General Contractor could be need on Mobile Home . How repairing a mobile home differs from a conventional home

Like I said before if there are multiple trades involved a GC is a good idea. It doesn't matter what type of project it is.
Rick
Rick, General Contractor