Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Hitachi C10FR table saw motor assembly. The motor heated up

Customer Question
and stopped. Some melted rubber...
Hitachi C10FR table saw motor assembly. The motor heated up and stopped. Some melted rubber type plastic was taken out of the vents near the fan rotor. Where did this material come from or at least what is it? Is it still safe to run the saw without this plastic material in place?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/29/2009
Home Improvement Expert: Edward, Handyman replied 8 years ago
Edward
Edward, Handyman

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. From the information you have provided, I expect plastic is part of the cooling fins. To continue to use the saw will likely cause it to overheat again. I would suggest repairing or having it repaired to stop further damage to the saw.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Edward
Edward
Edward, Handyman