Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I have a hot springs spa that has only one minor problem.

Customer Question
The moto-message does not go...
I have a hot springs spa that has only one minor problem. The moto-message does not go up and down. The little pipe was broken I ordered the replacement and installed it. When it didn't work I guessed that the little flex pipe had come off, but its ok. With the device turned on you can tell that it comes up off the floor but it will not travel up and down continually like it should. can
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/19/2008
Home Improvement Expert: Jason Martin, Handyman replied 9 years ago
Jason Martin
Jason Martin, Handyman
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer Home Improvement!

Do you have a Sovereign from 2003?
if not, what is the make and model?
I I hope that the mesage got sent. 8 year old hot springs jetsetter. thanks, Don
There is a possibility that your filter is causing a problem. When was the last time your filter was cleaned?
3 new filters - Hot springs OE filters.
Have you taken out the moto jet? When you do, you will notice how it should be limp and hang straight. If it is crooked or shaped weird, it will need replaced.
Well, I have done that. It does hang limp and stright. If I knew what makes it go up and down it could most likely be fixed.
An air valve makes it go up and down.
I am looking for a diagram to see if I can show you where it is located. Should be just a few minutes....
Do I repair the air valve? Is it in the end of the flex thing?
Yes, you can repair the valve. Look at the pic for info in regards XXXXX XXXXX piston:

pic1

pic2

The valve works fine. It's late. If you are able to or would consider checking with a hot springs tech, I would be appreciative. Thanks, Don

Oky, it seems like you have done thorough job eliminating the common problems. I will contact the Hot Springs tech on your behalf.
If you want to accept this, i will post up tomorrow what I find out.
I am in contact with HotSprings. I will keep you informed of any info I receive.
Here is an email I received today from the tech at HotSprings:

"The two contributors to a failed moto-massage are usually clogged
filters or the selector handle being in the wrong position. From your
description it sounds like you've done your trouble-shooting.

The only thing I can suppose is that the moto-massage assembly simply
needs to be replaced. Over time the hot water and chemicals can cause
the rubber tubing to lose its elasticity and that may be the cause of
this malfunction.
"

Jason Martin
Jason Martin
Jason Martin, Handyman