Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I AM GETTING READY TO STAIN OUR CONCRETE, I HAVE A FEW ...

Customer Question
I AM GETTING READY TO...
I AM GETTING READY TO STAIN OUR CONCRETE, I HAVE A FEW SPOTS WHERE I HAVE SPRAYED CLEAR LAQUER ON CHALK LINES AND NEED TO KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THIS?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
5/5/2008
Home Improvement Expert: Edward, Handyman replied 10 years ago
Edward
Edward, Handyman

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Could you explain your situation a little more?

Where is the concrete that you are wanting to stain?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

I AM STAINING A COUPLE OF BEDROOM FLOORS IN MY HOUSE - ACROSS THE CLOSET OPENING, INFRONT OF THE BATH TUB AND THE ENTRY WAY I HAVE LAID THE WALLS OUT WITH CHALK LINES, AND SPRAYED CLEAR LAQUER OVER THEM- I WANT TO REMOVE THE LAQUER AND CHALK LINE BEFORE I STAIN THE FLOORS.

There are several good paint removers that will safely remove the lacquer from the concrete. Boisafe is one but it may be difficult to find near you. Your local hardware and building supply store will have similar products. Surface preparation is very important to get a good stain on the concrete. Any area that water will bead on will have to be cleaned. If you do not have a large area to remove the lacquer from and can ventilate the area Acetone will do a great job at removing the lacquer.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Edward
Edward, Handyman