Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

What is wrong with my new Electrolux vacuum cleaner

Customer Question
I took delivery of an...
I took delivery of an Electrolux velocity stairmaster 1900w upright, bagless vacuum cleaner on 22 January 2008. Even though it has not been used that much, it has started to deposit dust/fluff on to carpets and hard floors, the easy empty dust bowl is not being filled, the floor heightener mechanism stays the same whatever the dial is set at, and this problem exists when using the vacuum or the tools - it is simply just not picking up dirt and, in fact, appears to be blowing outwards, especially from the back, rather than picking up. I have used the manual to troubleshoot this problem and the only assistance that I could gain from that was to check the hoses/pipes for any blockage - there are none, and all the filters are clean. I do not know what else to try as the manual is not very helpful.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 day by:
5/6/2008
Home Improvement Expert: Edward, Handyman replied 10 years ago
Edward
Edward, Handyman

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. From what you have told me so far I believe if you disconnect the hose where it goes into the vacuum's brush area you will find that the vacuum is not sucking. This is caused by a buildup of lint and pet hair if you have pets. At times there is a buildup in the brush area itself or where the hose enters the vacuum. I can assure you if it is not pucking up there is blockage or the filters need to be replaced. One or the other has to be the problem. I have seen these get enough blockage in them that the vacuum has to be disassembled to correct the problem. If you do not feel comfortable disassembling the vacuums you might consider taking it to a vacuum repair shop. This will not be an expensive repair.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.