Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

i have a 25000 gallon inground fiberglass pool,we have been ...

i have a 25000 gallon...
i have a 25000 gallon inground fiberglass pool,we have been out of the country for 3 1/2 years,we opened the pool and had it cleaned,a large amount of leaves were removed,there are brown stains in the deepest part of pool,we haven''t changed any o-rings except on pump,,,,which is a 1hp superpump hayward,,,we had all above ground pipes refitted,they are 1 1/2 inch pvc,,,,i hear gurgling noise in the sand filter,,,,,,and air +water is comming out of one of the return openings.   WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND
5/4/2008
Brian
Brian, Architect

Hello ,

Welcome to Just Answer. If interested, Click here to view my credentials.

You have air in the filter and this can be purged out by opening a small valve on top of the filter. This valve will release all air and once a full stream of water is coming out of valve, you can close it. While pump is running and looking thru the pumps clear lid, there should be no air bubbles; it should look empty but it is actually completely full of water. This will happen once all the air is purged out of the filter. If the air bubbles keep returning under the pump's clear lid, then this means that there is a leak in the suction line(s) and/ or skimmer(s). Eventually the filter will fill up with air again and lose it's filtering capabilities. The suction line(s) and skimmer(s) need to be checked/ tested for leaks.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please reply to this post.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please click the green "ACCEPT" icon, if you are completely satisfied with my answer

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK; it is important to me

BONUSES are appreciated

This is a FEE based website & your payment allows us to be here for you

THERE IS NO AIR UNDER THE PUMP LID,,,,,THERE STILL IS NOISE IN THE SAND FILTER AND AIR COMING OUT OF THE EXHAUSE OUTLET

It sounds like the air just needs to be purged out of the filter tank then. There should be a valve on top that usually just unscrews by hand. If you need help locating it, just supply me with make and model of the sand filter tank.

Best of Luck, Brian

BONUSES are appreciated

Brian
Brian, Architect