Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

How do you get rid of cockroaches

how do you get rid of cockroaches
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/3/2008
Brian
Brian, Architect

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

-What have you tried so far?

-How bad are they?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

I live in an apt. building in brooklyn - I have used boric acid after scrubbing surfaces with bleach - i dont know if this has worked or not it always seems to work for a short while then they return - what about the plug in products like rid-ex - do they work? I dont know exaclty how bad the problem is , but i figure if you can see a couple there are probably 100's that you dont-

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer. If interested, Click here to view my credentials.

The first step in addressing any cockroach problem is sanitation. This means doing a thorough clean up to remove sources of food, water, and places they can nest. Be especially careful about things like paper bags, cardboard boxes, and other refuse that can provide roaches with a protected place to live.

The next step is to use non-chemical methods to quickly reduce the population. One of the easiest and best ways to do this is with sticky traps.

After sanitation and population reduction, chemical treatment should be used to kill off the remaining roaches. The two easiest cockroach control products available to do-it-yourselfers are cockroach gel bait and cockroach bait stations.

Click here to learn more.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please reply to this post.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please click the green "ACCEPT" icon, if you are completely satisfied with my answer

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK; it is important to me

BONUSES are appreciated

This is a FEE based website & your payment allows us to be here for you

what about products like rid-ex - do they work?

It will work temporarily, but to keep them away you really need to do the three step removal process.

Best of Luck, Brian

BONUSES are appreciated

Brian
Brian, Architect

Thank you for the Accept.

I have received further information, from another expert, that Raid Max works great for at least 6 months. It is sprayed on the baseboard trim, on the exterior walls, as well as the door thresholds.

Have a good day.

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect