Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

HOW DO I REMOVE GORILLA GLUE FROM HAIR NOT A JOKE

Customer Question
My friends daugther got gorilla...
My friends daugther got gorilla glue in her hair how can we get it out?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/12/2007
Home Improvement Expert: Edward, Handyman replied 10 years ago
Edward
Edward, Handyman

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

How big of area is the glue?

Has it already dried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Reply to Edward's Post: yes the glue has already dried and she has 3 spots about the size of and 50 cent piece
Gorilla glue is one of the most difficult glues to remove once it has dried. The ability to hold is one of the selling points. Using a hot oil hair treatment can often help remove the Gorilla Glue. I recommend leaving the treatment on longer than the directions indicate, 1/2 hour or more will be needed. Actually my wife got some in her hair last week. She applied WD40 heavily her hair, but I cannot recommend doing so for legal reasons. Either process will take time for the hair to absorbed the oil. The trick is to get the surface the glue is applied to saturated with a oily product to lessen the grip. The removal will not be easy. There are no products made to remove these polyurethane glues. I have heard of using Vaselines to aid in the removal. My wife did get it out and after washing here hair there was no evidence that the Gorilla Glue had ever been in her hair.
Edward
Edward
Edward, Handyman