How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael------handy mans corner Your O...
michael------handy mans corner
michael------handy mans corner, most trades
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 36
Experience:  thirty + years in the construction industry, all phases residential and commercial
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
michael------handy mans corner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to butt splice 8 gauge wire

Customer Question

I have to extend some 8 gauge wire. How do I butt splice two pieces together??
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  michael------handy mans corner replied 10 years ago.

HiCustomer thank you for using Just Answer.

At any hardware store or home improvement store you can by a type of clamp that you slide the wire into and screw down the clamp. It is important to make this connection is a proper box, some come with the clamps already in them.

If you have any further questions contact me again.

If this has helped, please click the accept button.

Feedback and bonuses are always welcome.